Thursday 11 November 2010

Music Genre.

A music genre is a categorical and typological construct that identifies musical sounds as belonging to a particular category and type of music that can be distinguished from other types of music.

R&B

My genre choice for my music magazine is going be R&B.

Contemporary R&B (also known as simply R&B) is a music genre that combines elements of hip hop, R&B, and soul music.

Although the abbreviation “R&B” originates from traditional rhythm and blues music, today the term R&B is most often used to describe a style of African American music originating after the demise of disco in the 1980s. Some sources refer to the style as urban contemporary (the name of the radio format that plays hip hop and contemporary R&B). R&B has also been used to refer to rhythm & bass although the accuracy of this abbreviation is open to debate seeing that bass forms part of a rhythm along with the drums.

The reason I have decided upon choosing this music genre is because I like certain parts of this music and I also believe that taking images for my magazine using this type of genre will be interesting and different.

No comments:

Post a Comment